Here are a couple of tips beforehand on how to make the most of your visit to our sauna area at the waterpark PRIENAVERA Erlebnisbad in Prien am Chiemsee.
First you will need a couple of items:
A large sauna towel, to lie and sit on, one or even better two towels to dry yourself off or for the shower, a cuddly bathrobe, bath slippers, shower gel and then you are ready.
- Please note that there is no specific time rule for visiting a sauna. The most important thing is that you should feel comfortable. Someone who visits the sauna regularly might stay inside the sauna longer than is recommended and someone who has never or not often visited the sauna might leave the sauna earlier. Make sure you focus on your personal well-being while visiting the sauna.
- Ensure you have plenty of time during your visit to the sauna. A complete visit to the sauna takes at least two hours. You should be able to relax. If you rush through the steps, this might be more detrimental to your body than actually help your body relax. Also, don’t visit the sauna feeling hungry or on a full stomach.
- Take a shower und dry yourself thoroughly afterwards. Dry skin sweats more quickly. A warm footbath before the sauna can also help to induce the sweating mechanisms of the body.
- Put your sauna towel on the bench to lie on with your entire body. Your stay inside the sauna should be short but effective. This is best achieved on the middle or highest bench. Eight to twelve minus should be more than sufficient. Trust your guts. You should spend the last two minutes sitting in order to get your cardiovascular system used to the upright position.
- Do not immediately take a shower or go into the pool afterwards. Cool down with some fresh air first. The body needs a lot of oxygen now. 10 to 15 minutes are advised. Only afterwards should you use a Kneipp hose or a dousing shower to cool your body. If you wish to swim in the pool, remember to wash off the sweat first.
- Once your body has cooled down, a warm footbath can create a pleasantly warm sensation. If you expose your body to cold water afterwards again, this can train your blood vessels and strengthen your body’s immune system.
- After each sauna session you should allow your body to rest and relax. Each resting period should take at least 20–40 minutes. Snuggle up in your bathrobe on a lounger in the quiet area or relax on a sunbed or outside where you can also get some fresh air.
- You should try to not drink anything during a sauna session as this may partially hamper the effects of the purification process. A visit to the solarium on the other hand does not diminish the effects of a sauna session.
- For each sauna session you should follow the above steps. Three sauna sessions should be enough to achieve the desired health objectives. More sauna sessions to do not increase the effects.
- A sauna session helps to relax body and mind. To maintain the effects of the sauna and to prevent an unfavourable cardiovascular response, you should abstain from doing any sport afterwards. A massage between sauna sessions or afterwards can increase the relaxing effects.
We wish you a replenishing stay at the water park PRIENAVERA in Prien am Chiemsee.